Re: [opensuse-kde] KMail2 and related things
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:41:03 +0200
Am Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 13:53:43 schrieb İsmail Dönmez:
I couldn't ship a known-to-be broken software with a straight face, so I
changed akonadi to use SQLite backend, which btw Fedora is now defaulting
(they did before us).

So if akonadi is slow it's probably due to using sqlite – I hope users mention
their backend when reporting bugs otherwise this will lead to lots of lost
time upstream.

I'm still searching but I read that sqlite was dumped for a reason, I think
locking issues while writing to the db. Were those resolved or did you just
assume that sqlite and mysql would fit equally well?

Sven