Re: [opensuse-kde] Layout in Lanelot/Kickoff
On zondag 31 juli 2011 08:24:01 todd rme wrote:
On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Steven Sroka <sroka.steven@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Is there a file that lists the layout and settings of Kickoff and
Lancelot, or multiple files?

Also, I'm assuming each program installed places itself in the menu?

Thanks,
Steve

I think the programs' location in the menu is defined by the program
itself. Each program has a .desktop file that gives information like
its name, translated names, a brief blurb about what it does, commands
to run it, and where it should be places in the menu. These .desktop
files appear in /usr/share/applications (with kde4 programs in a kde4
subfolder). Users can also individually change them, but I don't know
where those changes are stored (somewhere in the user's home
directory). I think these take the form of new .desktop files.

-Todd

Also read manpage of kded4.

--
fr.gr.