Re: [opensuse-kde] kaffeine for openSUSE 11.2 - and KDE433
  • From: MasterPatricko <masterpatricko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:31:54 +0000
Basil Chupin wrote:
On 26/11/09 18:57, Martin Schlander wrote:

When Kaffeine do another (beta) release it should appear in the KDE:Bacports
repo.

Don't think anybody has time or will to cherrypick patches or update from
vcs
at random times.

Who's talking about "vcs"?

Christoph mentioned svn.

And I am not asking about *backporting* to some earlier version of
openSUSE but I am talking about the very latest, just released, openSUSE
11.2.
vcs is any Version Control System, including svn. It is a generic term
for cvs/svn/git/bzr/hg/anything.

Grabbing patches from future (e.g. unreleased svn) upstream code is the
definition of backporting. So yes you are asking about backporting.

What we have been trying to tell you repeatedly is that nobody is going
to do a new build of kaffeine just for you for this one fix, wait till
kaffeine upstream releases a new version (1.0pre3 or something)
officially and we will package that release then, probably in
KDE4:Backports or similar.

As per the kaffeine website http://kaffeine.kde.org/ 1.0pre2 is the
latest release and that is the version that is packaged in openSUSE.
That is all the packages are obligated to do.

Otherwise if this one fix is important to you, instead of always asking
others to do the work, just copy the kaffeine package on the OBS (into
your home repo or something) and add the necessary patch. While I don't
want to sound negative or patronizing, it's not terribly hard
considering the effort going into complaining atm.

Regards,

MasterPatricko