Re: [opensuse-kde] launch of YaST2
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojta.sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 23:17:41 +0100
Dne Ne 15. listopadu 2009 23:13:09 Dariel Dato-on napsal(a):
2009/11/15 Vojtěch Zeisek <vojta.sc@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello,
in previous versions of openSUSE with KDE4 I was used to press Alt+F2 and
type yast to launch YaST2. System asked for root password and I could
work there as root. But when I do it now I, I'm not asked for password
and YaST2 is launched without root privileges. And there is no way to
authenticate as root. After pressing of Alt+F2 I have to type "kdesu
yast2", which is too long. :-) Is this bug or feature? IMHO, YaST2 should
ask for password during startup or there should by way to authenticate as
root in the YaST.
Best regards,
Vojtěch Zeisek

I think the first time you start YaST, a password dialog appears and
there is a check box to remember password. I think the password is

There is a checkbox, but it does not work. And IMHO, this is not that case.

saved so that you don't have to reenter the password for the session,
or a certain time frame (I'm not sure which it is). Being Linux, I'm
sure there is a way to customize the behavior - although I personally
have not had the need to do so.

Cordially,
Dariel Dato-on

Sincerely,