Re: [opensuse-kde] k9copy and kaffeine for openSUSE 11.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:38:23 +1100
On 04/11/09 21:48, Martin Schlander wrote:
Onsdag den 4. november 2009 06:50:26 skrev Basil Chupin:

* the application *k9copy* is not in the list of available software for
installation - in any shown repository; and

It's a packman package - not an openSUSE one, never was. Packman will
probably
have it available for 11.2 soon.

* the copy of *kaffeine* does not contain the 'fix' for the problem
which Christoph Pfister told me about on 18 October last that he had put
through to the svn of kaffeine; the problem was about the AC3 audio
stream that was not being correctly scanned for for some High Definition
TV channels (and which he found after I provided him with some details).

Can't say anything about the particular patch. But it's almost certain new
kaffeine betas will appear in the kde:backports repo as soon as they're
released, so you shouldn't have to endure the problem very long.

Thank you for your response.

It's just that in past releases of SuSE/oS both applications were on the
release DVD and both worked after the necessary additional files were
installed but now, a week away from official release of 11.2, one is
nowhere in sight and the other has a bug which was fixed 2 weeks ago.

We'll see what happens in the next week or so..... :-)

BC

--
The chief cause of problems is solutions.