[opensuse-kde] KDE 4.2.3 on 11.1 login problem
  • From: Matthew Gibbs <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 08:10:55 -0500
Hello all-

During an attempted upgrade to KDE 4.2.3 from KDE 4.2.2 KDE broke. As it was
upgrading, something occurred that caused KDE to not recognize
commands...like if I hit ALT+F2 and entered a command it would give an
error. Additionally, Yast2 starting giving errors like "could not mount
/var/adm/packagename/blah" or something to that effect. I also could not log
in to a tty. A reboot (and finishing the upgrade) seemed to fix
everything...except KDE. I can log in to IceWM, but if I try to log in to
KDE it starts to log in and then the X server resets. Does anyone have any
ideas on how to start troubleshooting this? I can post any logs that are
requested.

TIA,

Matt