Re: [opensuse-kde] Audio volume OSD is kinda broken.
  • From: Dirk Mueller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:32:54 +0200
On Monday 31 March 2008, Peter J. P-N wrote:

Now that you've told me the name of the plugin I've googled for it, and
you are correct. I wish to get kmilo working. I became somehow addicted
to it.

okay. there is a race on startup, so whatever starts up first will win. we
don' really want to support kmilo, because it introduces a heap of other
issues.

what you're asking for is therefore that the OSD is moved to mix and added
there by default. can you file that as a bugreport please so that it is not
forgotten? I think that can be done, but I'll have to find time for it.

If it not too much inconvenience, how to make it permanently?

currently only by starting kmix after kded.

But I have the mute on the master channel in gnome. Is that suppose to
be like this?

Not really, the bug should be a generic hardware "feature".

- alsamixer (gnome):
C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC8 (alsamixer)

alsamixer is a ncurses (text mode) application from alsa project. is this what
you're referring to with "gnome"?

Greetings,
Dirk

--