Re: [suse-kde] 10.1 nonsense
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 20:44:55 +0100
On Sunday 14 May 2006 20:23, Anders Johansson wrote:
> ianseeks wrote:
> > I would prefer to have Suse Watcher back in the tray.
>
> Incidentally, the new updater will do something that susewatcher never
> did. It will inform you of updates in all your configured repositories.
> So for example if you have packman added as a repo, it will tell you
> when stuff has been updated on packman. susewatcher was only ever for
> Online Update

Thanks for all your replies and tips.

I originally didn;t have the right-click menu. I've since updated the Nvidia
driver and re-logged on and now I've got the menu and the fonts are readable
now. I still don't like the Gnome format. And I'd prefer that they developed
Suse Watcher to do the same things this updater does but I guess Novell are
going to do their level best to remove as much of KDE as possible. I've used
Suse from Ver 6 but it looks like I may make this my last. I usually
download and try before I buy but I think the buying bit won't happen this
time,

Its not been a good day. I had to install rather than update because the
update collapsed after the reboot from Disk one and it ended up in ncurses
Yast and then would not accept any more CDs even though it prompted for them.

Ian

< Previous Next >
List Navigation