Re: [suse-kde] KDE gone from apt repositories for SUSE 10.1?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:41:01 +0200
Am Wednesday 31 May 2006 13:31 schrieb Ingo Strauch:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using apt to manage software on my SUSE 10.1 box. I think up to
> monday the apt repositories also included KDE while today it is gone.
> Does anybody know why?

from the README file in that directory:

The KDE packages do get developed in the openSUSE project from now on.
As a result they are downloadable via the repositories from openSUSE
Build Service instead of this location.

Please read this page for further instructions:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/User

You can find the packages and repositories below

http://software.opensuse.org/download/repositories/KDE:/KDE3/
(latest KDE 3 core packages.)

http://software.opensuse.org/download/repositories/KDE:/Backports/
(latest KDE applications. They do not require an update to the
latest KDE anymore, because they are compiled against the original
KDE from your distribution.)

A call for mirrors:
We do look for further mirrors of the Build Service repositories.
Please read http://en.opensuse.org/Mirror_Infrastructure and
get in contact with ftpadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxx, if you are willing to
mirror these files.

adrian@xxxxxxx