Kicker broken in current KDE-3.3.0?
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:22:37 +0200
Hello all,

Yesterday (17/8) I updated KDE to supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.1/. That is
KDE-3.3.0, presumably a prerelease because KDE did not release 3.3.0
officially. From that moment on I have problems with kicker.

1) Upon startup only a few icons appear in the System Tray.

This problem disappears temporarily after executing 'dcop kicker kicker
restart'.

If I start another application that would put an icon in the System Tray, I
see it only after restarting kicker.

2) If I start an application (e.g. Konqueror, Knode), the Taskbar remains
empty. No application button.

Also this problem disappears temporarily after executing 'dcop kicker kicker
restart'.

If I start a new application, the application's Taskbar button does not appear
until kicker is restarted.

If I close an application, the application's Taskbar button does not
disappear, but another button gets the focus.

----

Please note that I had no problems with the prerelease KDE-3.3.0 before 17/8.

Does anybody else have these problems?

Cheers,

Leen

< Previous Next >