TV card problem since KDE 3.3.0 update
  • From: ti@xxxxxxx (Ti Kan)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
I discovered that since I installed KDE 3.3.0, tvtime doesn't work
any more (nor does kdetv, xawtv or motv).

The error message I got with tvtime is:

Cannot allocate enough off-screen video memory. This may be fixed by:

1. Closing or restarting large X applications.
2. Lowering the input width of tvtime (--inputwidth parameter).
3. Lowering your colour depth or highest configured resolution.
4. Increasing the amount of video memory in your X config file
(for example, if you are using the i810 XFree86 driver.)

See http://tvtime.net/ for more information.

I did 1., didn't make any difference. In fact, I started KDE with
no extra apps running other than just the standard KDE stuff, and
it failed the same way.

Tried 2. Didn't make any difference either.

Didn't try 3 or 4, but I shouldn't have to do this. Tvtime worked
fine before with the same X config.

The http://tvtime.net/ site didn't really have more information that
was of any help.

I am not certain if this problem is due to the change in KDE, though.
Anyone out there running a Hauppauge bt878 based TV card under SuSE 9.1
with the KDE 3.3.0 update?

-Ti

  • No further messages