Re: [suse-kde] xfree 4.3 and kde 3.1 / 3.1.1 = font problems / kprinter crash (BUG ?)
  • From: "Matt T." <Matt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:18:25 +0700
Hi Daniel,

On Monday 24 March 2003 05:44, Daniel Eckl wrote:
> Have you tried the newer XFree 4.3.0 release yet?
>
> There are new ones from March 19th on the ftp mirrors.
>
> The Changelog sais that most of the seen problems are fixed there.

Sounds great, i will give it a try. I still have the rpms from February 28. It
will however be Wednesday before I can do it, I hate to wait so long, but
that's life, i have to travel a little.

> Don't forget to install the new qt, too.

I did install the qt which came with the kde3.1.1 for SuSE on kde.org. -
qt3-3.1.1-57.i586
( plus all other qt3-*-3.1.1-57.i586 rpms there too)

> I cannot say for sure if this will really fix your problems, because I
> build my own xf 4.3.0 from src.rpm on SuSE 7.3.

If that would fix it, I would do it. Let's try the latest rpms first, it's
easier ;-)

Thanks,
Matt T.

> Greets,
> Daniel
>
> Am Sonntag, 23. März 2003 23:38 schrieb Michael Kaiser:
> > hi matt
> >
> > > 1) In ControlCenter/SysAdmin/Font Installer there is no preview of any
> > > font anymore.
> >
> > same here
> >
> > > - ALL the default fonts are invisible. They are there, but again white
> > > on white (Normal, Tiny, ..., huge).
> > > - If trying to select a "fixed" font, again, they are not visible.
> > > - Other fonts are visible, such as "Lucida console"
> > > (this one is also just a little annoying)
> >
> > same here
> >
> > > 3) In kword, kspread, or any program using kprinter, this one crashes
> > > when trying to print, but ONLY when certain fonts are in the document.
> > > It is crashing no matter if preview or printing.
> >
> > don't know yet. but maybe that ius because i haven't tried printing yet
> > :-/
> >
> > also the look of my root-account is screwed up, since i installed kde
> > 3.1.1. ever tried to work with k3b-setup for instance when you can't the
> > edge of any checkbox?
> >
> > mc as root isn't working, because the font isn't loaded for one reason or
> > another.
> >
> > kde 3.1.1 really sucks...
> >
> > michael
> >
> > --