Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-isdn-de (223 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [suse-isdn] ASUS P-IN100-ST-D & SuSE (7.1) problem
  • From: Sasa Janiska <sjaniska@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:55:37 +0000 (UTC)
On Tuesday, +0200, Karsten Keil wrote:

> No, but english is welcome here too.
:-))

> Please report your settings for the card.

This card was not possible to setup neither under Win9x, so O decided to
try with another one - E-Tech PCI.

It works nicely under SuSE, except there is one problem.

I trigger connection by calling little script which executes:
isdnctrl dial ippp0 and the connection is quited via similar script:
iscnctrl hangup ippp0.

Problem is that often connection goes offline (I'm monitoring line with
xisdnload) although there in no question of timeout (60 seconds).
Here is my isdnctrl list all output:
**************************
bash-2.04# isdnctrl list all

Current setup of interface 'ippp0':

EAZ/MSN: 4876274
Phone number(s):
Outgoing: 076710000
Incoming:
Dial mode: manual
Secure: on
Callback: off
Reject before Callback: on
Callback-delay: 2
Dialmax: 1
Hangup-Timeout: 60
Incoming-Hangup: off
ChargeHangup: off
Charge-Units: 0
Charge-Interval: 0
Layer-2-Protocol: hdlc
Layer-3-Protocol: trans
Encapsulation: syncppp
Slave Interface: None
Slave delay: 10
Slave trigger: 6000 cps
Master Interface: None
Pre-Bound to: Nothing
PPP-Bound to: 0
***************************
Any idea what is wrong?

Besides that, after I started with ISDN, fetchmail gives strange errors:
****************
fetchmail: 5.6.5 querying pop.iskon.hr (protocol POP3) at Sri 24 Lis 2001
09:49:20
fetchmail: Invalid command, try one of: USER name, PASS string, APOP name
digest, QUIT
fetchmail: 3 messages for sjaniska at mail.iskon.hr (8611 octets).
fetchmail: reading message 1 of 3 (2818 octets) ..fetchmail: flushed
fetchmail: Mailbox corrupted
fetchmail: client/server protocol error while fetching from pop.iskon.hr
fetchmail: Query status=4 (PROTOCOL)

I didn't change anything in my fetchmail setup and it works in present
setup since summer 2000.

Sincerely,
Sasa