Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ha (30 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-ha] ext4 failure on cluster
On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 23:35 +0200, Kai Dupke wrote:
On 08/18/2014 08:27 PM, steve wrote:
Ah, I see. So it depends upon the client reconnecting. I thought it was
the cluster's responsibility to make the takeover invisible. We can
still work on LibreOffice documents for example and disable and enable
nodes at will. I Imagine that to be the exception rather than the norm
though. Or, more likely, we've just been lucky.

Right - this is a timing issue. When you click save in libreoffice then
a connection is opened and the file is saved. No issue if the smb share
isn't available before or after but if a fail-over happens during saving
(think about autosave and bigger file operations) then you are in bad luck.

This is independent of CTDB or Samba, which was the starting point of
the last discussion path. That said, you do not gain real benefits from
using CTDB but more complexity.

Hi
OK, so what is the recommended method for IP and smbd failover in an AD
domain?
Cheers,