Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ha (30 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-ha] ext4 failure on cluster
On 08/18/2014 10:51 AM, steve wrote:
Thanks for the input. It's not performance we want. We're never going to
get that. It's reliability. What do you mean by fail over? I think we
already have that. If one node fails, there is always the other one
already up. If you mean have only one node available at a time, what's
the advantage of that? Also, how are we going to serve a windows domain
without ctdb?

I assume you can handle a windows domain with Samba and don't need CTDB?

fail-over means to have samba either running on A xor B.

The advantage is noOCFS2, which means less communication overhead and
less complex setup.

'Already the other is up' does not help really as CTDB does not provide
a transparent fail-over for a client connection AFIK. The time the
system needs to identify the issue and switch from node A to B isn't
that long. Usually it isn't an issue if not happens multiple times a week.

greetings
Kai Dupke
Senior Product Manager
Server Product Line
--
Phone: +49-(0)5102-9310828 Mail: kdupke@xxxxxxxx
Mobile: +49-(0)173-5876766 WWW: www.suse.com

SUSE Linux Products GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nurnberg)