Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ha (16 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-ha] ctdb: do not start nmb
On Mon, 2014-07-14 at 13:13 +1000, Tim Serong wrote:
On 07/14/2014 05:50 AM, steve wrote:
Hi
We're in AD and so do not need nmbd. We have tried to disable it:
systemctl disable nmb
but ctdb insists on starting it when the node is enabled.

If you've got CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=yes set in /etc/sysconfig/ctdb, CTDB
will invoke /etc/ctdb/events.d/50.samba to start samba, and that script
also explicitly starts NMB. I'm not aware of a way to turn that off
short of editing that script.

If you set CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=no, then manually start only samba
(`systemctl start smb`) after starting CTDB, you will probably get what
you want.
Yeah, OK. Do you mean have smbd start, but not at boot time? openSUSE
doesn't seem to do systemctl with smb yet. Will systemctl enable smb get
us there?

Out of curiosity, are you using Pacemaker at all?
No. Do you think we should? We just want to add a live backup file
server to our domain. If we could get it to do load balancing with both
live at the same time that would be a bonus.

Thanks for replying,
Steve