Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ha (16 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-ha] ctdb: do not start nmb
On 07/14/2014 05:50 AM, steve wrote:
Hi
We're in AD and so do not need nmbd. We have tried to disable it:
systemctl disable nmb
but ctdb insists on starting it when the node is enabled.

If you've got CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=yes set in /etc/sysconfig/ctdb, CTDB
will invoke /etc/ctdb/events.d/50.samba to start samba, and that script
also explicitly starts NMB. I'm not aware of a way to turn that off
short of editing that script.

If you set CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=no, then manually start only samba
(`systemctl start smb`) after starting CTDB, you will probably get what
you want.

Out of curiosity, are you using Pacemaker at all?

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Serong