Re: [opensuse-goblin] Announce of MeeGo being in openSUSE 11.3
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:19:21 +0200
Jean Cayron wrote:
Isn't that misinformation? As far as I know, only Moblin is today in
openSUSE 11.3 and a bit hard to install (as there is no Moblin live
CD, it isn't easily possible to make an installable USB except
installing a live Gnome USB and then the Moblin pattern, but with a
huge amount of useless packages for Moblin... With a SD of 8 GB, it's
a bit heavy!)... Won't the people download openSUSE, try to find MeeGo
and then complain? There isn't even a link to a wiki page that
explains how to install it.

There is an image

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Meego:/Netbook/images/

However, the desktop does not resemble "meego" and I wonder how opensuse
was set up for the desktop like the pictures of meego

<http://wiki.opensuse.org/index.php?title=File:OSS113-meego-netbook-myzone.png&filetimestamp=20100715115806>

I understand it is a work in progress but then the above image and
picture do not reflect the reality, but maybe I am mistaken

Togan