[opensuse-goblin] Live image booting issue
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:18:36 +0000
Aloha all,

After some head banging. and some big help from the likes of Jigish
Gohill (cyberorg) I am able to build a live image[0], this is a hybrid
iso meaning it can be burnt to wither CD/DVD disc or USB disk. Don't
get your hopes up though, it has a major issue which I'm struggling to
fix, which is the reason for my email.

At present the image boots up well until just after starting the hal
daemon. The screen then goes black and I can't get any form of
terminal up what so ever, this bit really makes it hard to debug as I
can't get to any logs or anything to try and work out what is falling
over. So my question I suppose is: does anyone know how best to debug
this issue, I'm not sure whether it is Xorg at fault or GDM or
something completely different. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

[0] = http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Moblin:/Images/images/iso/
--