[opensuse-goblin] ANNOUNCE: build service workflow, public daily build snapshots
  • From: Aaron Bockover <abock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:38:25 -0400
Hello fellow Goblins!

I have been working on implementing and documenting a new workflow for
maintaining and building the openSUSE Moblin (Goblin) distribution. On
Monday we had our first successful image build using this new
workflow.

The new workflow builds on exactly the same practices used throughout
the base openSUSE distribution project, and adapted by most devel
projects in the build service, so it should be familiar to community
members already working in openSUSE.

The workflow is documented here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Moblin/Build_Service

I welcome any feedback or questions. This is just a first draft, and
I'm sure there's a lot to clarify, and maybe a little to add.

In addition to this, I am syncing the daily builds we produce in the
Novell Cambridge/Boston office to an external facing server.

It is often faster to download a pre-built image than it is to build
your own, but be assured: there's no magic happening inside our
firewall that you can't conjure yourself -- the images are built
entirely from the public openSUSE build service (how to do so is
documented on the workflow page above).

Tentative address:
http://moblin.abock.org/

I will look to move the address to something under the opensuse.org
domain name in the coming days. I wanted to set this up as quickly as
possible and just played with DNS under my personal domain name.

Cheers,
Aaron