Re: [opensuse-gnome] avoid delay while handling volume keys
On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 18:16 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
My laptop has keys to adjust the volume for the internal speakers.
Some
code in the system reacts to these knobs and adjusts the volume.
Unfortunatly this code is not instantly available. It has to be
loaded
from disk, which is slow. A few years ago I wrote a small app which
did
a mmap of the specified binaries and all its libraries to pin them in
memory. As a result the binaries were always responsive.

What part of gnome controls the volume keys?

gnome-settings-daemon, specifically the media-keys plugin

Cheers,
Dominique