[opensuse-gnome] Getting rid of evolution-data-server
I find that I am running a couple of services that I don't feel I
should since I am not Evolution for e-mail nor anything else:

/usr/lib/evolution-data-server/evolution-source-registry
/usr/lib/evolution/3.12/evolution-alarm-notify
/usr/lib/evolution-data-server/evolution-calendar-factory

Alas, half of Gnome seems to depend on it:

The following 4 applications are going to be REMOVED:
Contacts Evolution Notes "Tweak Tool"

The following 37 packages are going to be REMOVED: bijiben evolution
evolution-data-server evolution-data-server-lang gdm
gdm-branding-openSUSE gnome-contacts gnome-session
gnome-session-default-session gnome-shell gnome-shell-browser-plugin
gnome-shell-extensions-common gnome-shell-extensions-common-lang
gnome-shell-search-provider-bijiben gnome-shell-search-provider-contacts
gnome-shell-search-provider-documents
gnome-shell-search-provider-nautilus gnome-tweak-tool libebackend-1_2-7
libebook-1_2-14 libebook-contacts-1_2-0 libecal-1_2-16
libedata-book-1_2-20 libedata-cal-1_2-23 libedataserver-1_2-18
libfolks-eds25 libfolks-telepathy25 libfolks-tracker25 libfolks25
patterns-openSUSE-gnome patterns-openSUSE-gnome_basis
patterns-openSUSE-gnome_imaging patterns-openSUSE-gnome_imaging_opt
patterns-openSUSE-gnome_laptop patterns-openSUSE-gnome_office
patterns-openSUSE-gnome_office_opt patterns-openSUSE-gnome_utilities

The following 8 patterns are going to be REMOVED:
gnome gnome_basis gnome_imaging gnome_imaging_opt gnome_laptop
gnome_office gnome_office_opt gnome_utilities

37 packages to remove.
After the operation, 36,9 MiB will be freed.

This feels a bit excessive to me. For example, why does Tweak Tool
depend on it? Why the Gnome Imaging pattern?

Gerald

PS: rm `rpm -ql evolution-data-server` seems to work for me, but... ;-)
--
Dr. Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxx>
Sr. Director Product Management and Operations, SUSE