[opensuse-gnome] need help : quick question : SLES 12 VM on Microsoft Azure - Gnome + xrdp ?
Hi,

first - sorry for being a total Linux novice.

I have to run some tests with SLES on a Microsoft Azure VM. Being a Microsoftie
I need some GUI. So I came across Gnome. Here is my problem :

1. Looking around on the Internet I was able to find a way to install Gnome and
xrdp on SLES 11 SP3 via zypper in a putty window

2. Looking around on the Internet I couldn't figure out how to do the same easy
thing with SLES 12 - which is also available on Azure. With SLES 11SP3 after
installation I could use the "Connect" button in my Azure portal to connect to
the VM. Then SUSE Enterprise Desktop gave me the choice to select
Gnome - see screenshot below. But with SLES 12 I get a "xrdp dialog" and no
Gnome selection.

Can you tell me if there if there is a simple way to make my xrdp-Gnome login
work with SLES 12 like I did it with SLES 11SP3 ?

3. I installed Gnome with this command in a putty window :   zypper install -t
pattern x11 gnome    and xrdp like this : zypper in xrdp
That's all what was necessary with SLES 11SP3. Then it just worked.

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Hermann