Re: [opensuse-gnome] Achieving a uniform look in gnome - OpenSUSE tumbleweed
On Sun, 2014-11-23 at 16:53 -0700, Mike Johnston wrote:
Hi Everyone

This is my first post to the mailing list so hopefully I'm doing this
correctly. I've got an issue whereby I am unable to figure out how to achieve
a uniform look and feel for all apps with Gnome on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

Specifically, I am 100% up to date as of a few minutes ago (zypper dup) and
when I apply the global dark theme using the gnome-tweak-tool app, lots of
apps such as Yast and Firefox seem to be unaffected by the change.

Furthermore, if I try to install a GTK3 theme, Yast and other apps
(presumably written in gtk2) will not take this theme.

I'm wondering what if anything I can do to achieve a cohesive uniform look
and feel to all apps? Are there specific themes that I can install (aside
from numix) that can make this happen?

Recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike--

Themeing can be a pain in the butt. Things like Firefox and YaST don't
work the same, aren't TRUE GNOME apps. YaST GTK usually themes
correctly, but due to terrible bugs we shipped with qt interface by
default.