Re: [opensuse-gnome] How to debug something like this (gnome-shell segfaulting)?

Quoting Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Seeing the segfault in gnome-shell/libc, i think the best chance is
to configure the system to create coredumps of crashes (i generally
configure my factory ststem to write any dump to /cores) and once this
happens, you can create backtraces based on the dump. Allows you to
analyze an error after the crash actually happened, as opposed to
running gs constantly under gdb, hoping to ever hit it.

If info is required for how to set this up, please let know... I have
this documented somewhere, but it would do for a good blog post :)

I'm looking forward to your blog post :-), which is me saying I
have never set up something like this globally yet but it sounds
like a good idea.

There we go:
http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blog/2014/04/debug-a-crash-after-it-happened-without-knowing-about-it-upfront/

Let me know if it helps you or if I can add some info to make it clearer...

Cheers,
Dominique