Re: [opensuse-gnome] gvfs-backends bug in version 1.14
  • From: Michael Catanzaro <mike.catanzaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 08:41:17 -0600
On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 11:28 +0100, Lars Edman @ LinuxSuSE wrote:
Well Thank you Michael!

Your patch worked like a charm with Thunar/Nautilus and samba-shares and
broke nothing :-)! It introduced some timeout problems to
ftp-connections, but I really don't care. I prefer using Filezilla and
TLS.

Can I ask you two more things?
-If i file a bug report, should I mention your patch or restrict the
report to the problems with the v. 1.14.2-2.1.2.x86_64?

You should mention it, but also mention the regression with FTP
connections. The maintainers will have to decide if the tradeoff is
worth it to do an update for everybody. (Hangs are worse than timeout
issues, but breaking something that works 10 months in to a stable
release is worse than leaving something that's been broken the whole
time.)

Glad the build fixed your issue. :)

-This is the first time I subscribed to a mailing list: Is it safe to
use your "civil" ordinary mail-address? -I see your using gmail.

Yup: Google's spamblocker is excellent, so no need to worry about that.
Also, when the mail is archived on lists.opensuse.org, the domain on the
address will be censored. Spambots will only see mike.catanzaro@xxxx or
lars.edman@xxxx
< Previous Next >
List Navigation