Re: [opensuse-gnome] Alacarte 13.1
Il 15/01/2014 10:17, Richard Brown ha scritto:
On 15 January 2014 12:52, Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il 15/01/2014 07:46, Richard Brown ha scritto:
On 15 January 2014 10:41, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 14:03 -0200, Marco Calistri wrote:
Please review Alacarte for openSUSE 13.1 because it results being no
more working to setting up new app/icons in main Menu and we must
proceed by hand making custom /usr/share/ .desktop entries.

Thanks.

Marco Calistri (amdturion)

I don't see any outstanding SR's for alacarte in my list, can you give
me the SR#?

Never mind...stupid evolution decided to tell me this several month
old thread was 'new'..fun! :)

Hi,

BTW the above request despite being ols is still valid:

Gnome usability and setting is not user-friendly and still not complete,
beside Alacarte I certainly would add Power Management (which beside
having too few options is not working for some laptop as my Lenovo Z470)

-- SMILEY

:-? tongue in cheek

Hi Marco,

I'm sorry but I'm very confused. If by 'review' you meant 'check that
it's working', I can confirm that Alacarte is working fine on openSUSE
13.1 - I've just used it to create 2 new menu entries which appeared
as expected, and then deleted as expected.

If you're having problems, have you reported a bug with sufficient
detail that we're able to get to the bottom of things?

When you say 'Power Management' has 'too few options' - what options
are you expecting?
When you say it is 'not working' on your Z470, how is it not working?

With some details, I'd certainly like to help you, but I'm going to
struggle if the reports are vague, especially if my attempts to
reproduce here are coming up with totally different results

Hope this helps

Hi Richard,

I had problem with Alacarte which didn't put the right icon of app I
installed out of the box then I had to adjust by hand.

It happened a couple of month ago I don't know if now Alacarte is
working, is worth I make a test again.

A thing important (may be) I upgraded my 12.3 maintaining my former home
directory than probably some config file of previous installation was/is
still present and could drive to the problems I faced.

About power management I think it should offer a way (selectable) to
show notification on screen as well as acoustic warnings when battery
goes to low voltage.

On my Z470 the *automatic* suspending on RAM or *automatic* hibernating
doesn't works the same happened when I was on 12.3.

I remember that I was able to suspend on RAM and hibernate by selecting
this options manually from other DE which offered interactive option for
the power-off button (don't remind the DE now).

You're right about bug reporting, I'm very bad on it especially because
I've limited time and also due my laziness :-)

I think not to be the only one with these problems especially the ones
related to power management, the fact is that probably there are more
server or desktop users than portable/laptop users then the number of
cases is not so big.

Few rich men own their own property. The property owns them.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll