Re: [opensuse-gnome] Alacarte 13.1
On 15 January 2014 13:17, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15 January 2014 12:52, Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il 15/01/2014 07:46, Richard Brown ha scritto:
On 15 January 2014 10:41, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 14:03 -0200, Marco Calistri wrote:
Please review Alacarte for openSUSE 13.1 because it results being no
more working to setting up new app/icons in main Menu and we must
proceed by hand making custom /usr/share/ .desktop entries.

Thanks.

Marco Calistri (amdturion)

I don't see any outstanding SR's for alacarte in my list, can you give
me the SR#?

Never mind...stupid evolution decided to tell me this several month
old thread was 'new'..fun! :)

Hi,

BTW the above request despite being ols is still valid:

Gnome usability and setting is not user-friendly and still not complete,
beside Alacarte I certainly would add Power Management (which beside
having too few options is not working for some laptop as my Lenovo Z470)

-- SMILEY

:-? tongue in cheek

Hi Marco,

I'm sorry but I'm very confused. If by 'review' you meant 'check that
it's working', I can confirm that Alacarte is working fine on openSUSE
13.1 - I've just used it to create 2 new menu entries which appeared
as expected, and then deleted as expected.

If you're having problems, have you reported a bug with sufficient
detail that we're able to get to the bottom of things?

When you say 'Power Management' has 'too few options' - what options
are you expecting?
When you say it is 'not working' on your Z470, how is it not working?

With some details, I'd certainly like to help you, but I'm going to
struggle if the reports are vague, especially if my attempts to
reproduce here are coming up with totally different results

Hope this helps

Just to share how alacarte works on my machine (plain openSUSE 13.1),
here's a screencast showing the creation, use, and deletion of a menu
entry in alacarte

https://sysrich.co.uk/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=587543f7666a8ceab3eaa5ca1900215b