[opensuse-gnome] Re: [opensuse] Very ODD Bluetooth issue on openSUSE 12.3!
Il 30/09/2013 11:14, Marco Calistri ha scritto:
Il 29/09/2013 16:50, John Andersen ha scritto:
On 9/29/2013 9:34 AM, Marco Calistri wrote:
Dear openSuSers,

The oddity of this issue is verging the incredible!:

I have a Nokia Lumia 710 smart-phone, running WP-7.8 and I tried to send
a picture from it to my laptop which is running openSUSE 12.3 64 bits,
both from being logged in KDE or Gnome DE, but never the picture is sent
to the computer.

I have of course enabled the file sharing and reviewed all the
configuration of Blue-tooth, but nothing to do: openSUSE refuses to
accept and download the picture from the smart-phone.

On KDE, it seems that pairing is a bit different, at least on 12.3.
It doesn't care about pins.
You click the taskbar tray Icon for bluetooth and select configure
Then in the configure window you scan for devices (add a device).
This should find your device and show its MAC in hex characters as well as
its name.

If you select Trusted, then opensuse+KDE will accept connections from that
device
(whether or not it your Computer is set as visible), and upon sending a file
it
will pup up a window to accept the file or not. (You can always set this as
the default
action for files from that device from that same pop up window).

(I don't have a windows phone to test with, so I tested with A Surface Pro
tablet.)

Each time I try to send a file from the device to opensuse/kde I see an
authenticate
box on the surface pro. But you have to uncheck that, because KDE is using
the
concept of a trusted device and the authentication option does not show
an actionable dialog on KDE.

Hi John,

The fact is that using BlueTooth in openSUSE 12.3 I cannot send from
external device to the system, I can do the contrary: from system to
device, though not always!

But I can do it by sending from external device to an Ubuntu virtual
machine running in same openSUSE 12.3, that is the oddity: it seems
something is wrong in openSUSE.

Cheers,

Same problem persist with openSUSE 13.1 64bits Gnome Desktop.

Send over BlueTooth from external device to O.S. fails!

A bit disappointed so far :-|

Marco Calistri (amdturion)
opensuse 12.3 (Dartmouth) 64 bit - Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop Gnome 3.8.3
Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz × 4 - Intel® Sandybridge Mobile