Re: [opensuse-gnome] Make GNOME3 screensaver desktop aware
On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 12:38 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le mardi 19 novembre 2013 à 12:12 +0100, Olaf Hering a écrit :
The screen saver always wants either a mouse click+move or keyboard
input to show the desktop again. Is there a way to get normal behaviour?
At least in 11.4 it was possible to either just move the mouse or press
CTRL or SHIFT or such keys to show the screen contents again.
In control center I found no setting which would allow that again.

I agree the current behavior is too much "touch" oriented. We should try
to detect if a touch screen is there and if not, make the "shield" move
as soon as a "modifier" key is pressed (currently, only a "non dead" key
is moving the shield) or a single click is done (click + hold isn't
great with a mouse / trackpad)..

I never scroll up the "shield", just hit Enter. But there maybe problem
when the system has lots work in the background, you have to wait for a
relative long time to see the passwd screen.
I also expect that if it can detect touch-screen automatically, rather
than throw all the things into "touch" world.

Best regard.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE

--
In the beginning was the lambda. God saw it, realized he didn't need
anything else, and stopped there. —— 《FP Bible》