Re: [opensuse-gnome] High Contrast Inverse (was: Should we allow Hibernation in 12.3?)
On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 23:38 -0600, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

Indeed, starting with 3.4, Inverse started to break. Just open up a
mail in Evolution and you'll see the problem. This didn't exist in
previous GNOME versions.

Inverse was removed from 3.6 altogether. Its why I haven't been able to
use 3.6 at all. I tried it, gave it my best shot, and just couldn't do
it. So I went back to a clean 3.4 installation, even with its
brokenness.

Disclaimer: I don't know how the Inverse theme is written. If it is an
identical copy of the default theme, but with colors changed, it *will*
be a lot of work to keep it in sync with the default theme *if that is
done by hand*.

I'm on Gnome 3.6 (openSUSE 12.2), and I just turned these on:

* Magnifier / Zoom at 1.0 magnification

* White-on-black on the "Color Effects" for the magnifier.

From my uninformed viewpoint, it looks quite pleasant - dark and not too
contrasty. The shadows under windows are a bit weird, as they turn into
highlighted halos. It looks usable, but of course I'm not behind
Bryen's eyes :)

Bryen, how is the magnifier with inverted colors different from the old
Inverse theme? Or what is it that makes the magnifier unusable for you?

Federico