Re: [opensuse-gnome] Should we allow Hibernation in 12.3?
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 13:54:10 -0800
On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 10:27 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Thu, 2012-12-27 at 21:33 -0800, Roger Luedecke wrote:
I've read elsewhere that (the fellow talking about the green highlight
Adwaita theme) themes aren't very hard to edit. It seems odd that the
one you need is supposedly too much work. Reckon we'll need to look in
to this and see what we can do.
Yeah that's actually me. It's not a lot of work for me because I'm
making very small changes to the actively-maintained upstream theme.
Maintaining a theme that's lost upstream support would be a much more
significant undertaking. GTK+ changes every six months, and the themes
have to change significantly as well.

After I finish Adwaita SUSE, I'll try the 3.4 High Contrast Inverse
theme on GNOME 3.6 and see how bad it looks and what all needs updated.
It might be too much work for me, but it also might be doable. Bryen,
could you link me to some discussions on why this was dropped - I'm
curious to see them myself. Thanks.

Michael Catanzaro

If you are willing to do the initial leg-work, I'm willing to launch a
media campaign. My blog gets pretty good circulation, and I have a
number of contacts I can leverage to draw more attention to the issue.
If you can do the work at first, I'll do my best to drum up more help.
--
Roger A. Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador