Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evolution -> New Window doesn't open a new window
On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 06:22 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I have an Evolution window open on a workspace.

I go to a different workspace.

In the activity bar I right-click the Evolution icon and select "New
Window".

A new window does not open.

To get a second Evolution window I need to go to the first window and
select File -> New Window

It looks like running "New Window" from gnome-shell just causes
Evolution to be run again. In turn, this makes the existing process try
to present its existing window; you just get a notification that
"Evolution is ready", and clicking that takes you to the original
window.

This is a problem on both ends:

* gnome-shell needs to be able to tell if a program is able to open new
windows.

* Evolution needs a way to be told to open a new window.

Federico