[opensuse-gnome] Advice - frontend with pygtk

Hi all,

There is a small python script called 'youtube-dl' which allows users to
download videos from Youtube. This stuff so far has been working properly for
me and I was thinking in writing a small frontend for GTK+ with pygtk. So far
my past experiments were made with pygtk 2.0 and python 2.6/2.7 (UI scratched
with GLADE3 using the builder). This of course generates a GTK+-2.0 frontend,
which looks silly to me since we're running GTK+-3.0.

Anyone has a wise word of advice if there is a better alternative than the one
stated above? I don't really have much experience with callbacks (the reason
why I'm burning some time with this), that can review or give me a hand if I
need ?

If this is successful I don't mind packaging it and sharing it. About the
'youtube-dl', I'm not sure if it's available or not (havent checked yet) but I
can package it and maintain it if needed. To me it's interesting to have it
around. Anyone has any thoughts about if we should or not make this stuff
available ?

NM

[1] - http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/

Melhores cumprimentos,