Re: [opensuse-gnome] openSUSE GNOME Latest Repositories

Quoting Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 08:52 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hey Sankar,

Le lundi 27 août 2012, à 00:47 -0600, Sankar P a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> After a 6 months break where I had to use a Macbook due to job
> requirements, I am back to using openSUSE. So lost touch of things for
> a while. What are the yast repositories that I should subscribe to get
> the latest gnome packages ?

Depends if you want to use 12.2 or Factory.

If you want to use Factory, then you should look at GNOME:Factory and
GNOME:Apps.

If you want to use 12.2, then, right now, nothing to add. We'll likely
have a GNOME:STABLE:3.6 at some point, though :-)

Would be nice to demonstrate 3.6 by the time openSUSE Summit starts on
September 21. Is this within realm of possibility? Would additionally
be useful because GNOME UX hackfest will be there too and we can offer
up some insights to the hackers on-site.

I personally would like to examine the usability of 3.6 from a a11y
perspective to offer up my opinions.

Bryen

It's a bit optimistic, considering that
https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointFive/ states gnome 3.6 release being
scheduled for Sep 26.

But I have a repository prepared with gnome 3.5.90 (no, do not install
it! It breaks badly at the moment); GNOME:Next, which was the large
staging repo for while GNOME:Factory is frozen due to the 12.2 release.

Once this is stabilized, I think it should be possible to add it on
some machines and update it up to 3.5.92 (Release Candidate) before
the summit. No promise made, but I'll do my best to help you achieve
this goal.

Once I get over the gdm issues, you should be able to help test this
beast (It's based on Factory at the moment.. and has likely some
non-trivial update requirements against 12.2)

Best regards,
Dominique