[opensuse-gnome] Banshee in GNOME:Apps
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:12:04 +0100
Hi all,

A few time ago I've sent an email to Gabriel and Aaron asking if we
could move banshee development project for oS:Factory to GNOME:Apps
and then update the Banshee repository from the stable release in
GNOME:Apps (I'll keep it updated).

Just as a heads up, we have dbus-sharp and dbus-sharp-glib already on
oS:Factory, so I've SR'ed banshee to GNOME:Apps. The plan is the
following:

1. notify-sharp - This package needs to be patched to use dbus-sharp
and dbus-sharp-glib, I've done this already and it's on Mono and
Mono:Factory.
- Vincent, can you file a change devel request from
GNOME:Apps/notify-sharp to Mono:Factory/notify-sharp? We have the
updated package already prepared. Talked with Stephen, it's ok that we
hold that package.
- Stephen, any news with upstream to see if we can get that patch
upstreamed (or if that package is even maintained upstream?)?

2. I've submitted Banshee 2.1.0 to GNOME:Apps. Feel free to take
action, furthermore, do you also want to host
banshee-community-extensions on GNOME:Apps? Let me know so I can
submit it. With dbus-sharp and dbus-sharp-glib on oS:Factory, we're
cool, but would be neat we could handle 1. first so that we have it
all running cool.

NM

--
Nelson Marques