Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default gnome-panel layout for 12.1
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 18:55:51 +0000

I'd vote for the plain fallback mode.  Keeping the old gnome-panel and
gnome-main-menu is having a double, extra maintenance burden that we can
avoid.

(The fallback mode is not bad at all!  I was using it for a few days on
an old machine, and it was pretty comfortable, if spartan.)

 Federico

Yeah I think so too... that's something we can avoid, what we can
improve there is most likely integration with compiz (or eventually
metacity with composite) and other tiny things. I never thought really
in changing much about the panel itself.

One thing that looks odd is the integration of the panel itself with
the GTK theme, it makes really no sense... but without willingness to
hack code, I dont really see much we can change or allow customization
beyond integration with other optional software like compiz and some
tweaking on metacity et al.

NM