Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default gnome-panel layout for 12.1
On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 14:17 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

In the fallback mode (and maybe the "GNOME 2 Look and Feel" session that
Nelson wanted to work on), we currently ship the upstream default
layout. This is largely different from what we used to ship before, with
gnome-main-menu.

I don't know if we want to change this for 12.1, and opinions are
welcome.

I'd vote for the plain fallback mode. Keeping the old gnome-panel and
gnome-main-menu is having a double, extra maintenance burden that we can
avoid.

(The fallback mode is not bad at all! I was using it for a few days on
an old machine, and it was pretty comfortable, if spartan.)

Federico