Re: [opensuse-gnome] I am confused...... FOLLOW_UP
2011/6/24 Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 23/06/11 00:10, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 23:44 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

I did notice that the ymp file was going to be downloaded from a mirror,
mirror.optus.net. Perhaps this is where the problem lies?

Actually, you hit the jackpot with that one!
When Frederic wrote the page, he intentionally put the download of
the .ymp file to widehat, instead of download.o.o, as not all mirrors
server the ymp file with the correct mime type.

Sadly, this got changed, which added a lot of frustration on users and
maintainers side. Sorry for that!

Dominique

You mean to say that it is a known problem but has been left unfixed?

I wonder how many "Daddy's little helpers" are running around "out there"
crying "OpenSUSE sucks!"? :-)

Basil,

I hope you don't misunderstand me, but I have two nice ones for you:

* "Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. " // Nicollo Machiavelli

* "Men shrink less from offending one who inspires love than one who
inspires fear. " // Nicollo Machiavelli

Have a nice day,

NM