Re: [opensuse-gnome] I am confused......
  • From: Will Bickerstaff <will.bickerstaff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:13:30 +0100
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, this time 'round I installed Gnome from the openSUSE 11.4 DVD (NOT the
one from Gnome.org), did all the usual updates, then installed the Gnome3
repos as mentioned in this list, did the "zypper dup" song and dance
act......and when I rebooted I was told that I couldn't run gnome3 and that
the default gnome would be running instead. Nice, I thought, worked OK for a
week+ but now I am told I am in "deep poo-poos".

You did install gnome-shell as well didn't you?