Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME 3.x Consistency [Was: Default 11.4 background and theming]
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:00:14 +0000
I think you *seriously* over-estimate the number of people who know
enough to even think such a situation is "following Fedora".  What
percentage of openSUSE user's track theme decisions made by another
distro [and Fedora specifically].  And of the tiny subset that intimate
with such decisions to have such a thought there is also a subset of
those who care about who is following who.  Regarding that remaining set
of users - they should get a @*&@#(* life.

So I think the flaw is the use of "many" in "the fact that many will
think".  Substitute that with "s/many/a miserable few/".

Ok I might have failed on giving perspective... regarding to the
'following Fedora'. This was meant on a perspective that we follow the
'model' that Red Hat established for it's community enrollment
(therefore Fedora).
I get this feeling not from the users, but from our own communication.
As Fedora is pointed by Red Hat as a decisive asset for the success of
Red Hat, Novell seemed to try and follow the same model with openSUSE.
That's the perspective from that statement.

Anything that falls within the boundaries of 'image identity'
shouldn't be faced like that.