Re: [opensuse-gnome] Request for information
  • From: Anshul Jain <anshulajain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 21:39:47 +0530
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Additionaly on lizzards someone mentioned a patch to Metacity[1] to
support some fancy stuff from Canonical. It's a small patch and it
actually works. Anyway we could have that patch on metacity in the
future? This enable high featured themes from Canonical (ex: Ambiance
and Radiance). I've tested it ;)

[1] - http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/12/07/indicator-me-has-landed/

That someone would be me :) I am a fan of Ubuntu's patched goodness to
GNOME and having it available would be a big plus for pulling in
Ubuntu users to openSUSE. I'm willing to sign up for helping maintain
a "Ubuntu-fied GNOME" repository.

One additional package that should be put is an up to date recent
version of Murrine and the accompanying Ambiance & Radiance themes.