Re: [opensuse-gnome] Request for information
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:20:07 +0100
Hey,

Le jeudi 09 décembre 2010, à 20:37 +0000, Nelson Marques a écrit :
People,

I'm finishing the builds of the indicators from Canonical's Ayatana
Project. So far all the dependencies and packages are not polished
packaging wise and some of them I won't even make them available as
they might mess up too much or are just futile (ex: indicator-network
is no match for nm-applet).

Since there's only 2 indicators left... I'm wondering if there is the
possibility of having a sub-repository inside of GNOME (ex:
GNOME:Ubuntified) or something like that to fit all this packages,
including some of the packages I'm going to build from Ubuntu sources
to support this functionality (ex: gwibber, empathy, metacity, etc).

It should be living somewhere under GNOME. That makes the most sense.
But:

I'm kind of mixed about rebuilding other packages for this, though: if
this means we need to patch them, then it will be a maintenance
nightmare as we'll have to update the packages in two different places.
If it's just rebuilding with no change except with the libindicate
dependency, then maybe we can just do it directly in the current
packages (assuming it doesn't break anything if libindicate doesn't
exist).

For the indicators themselves, is there any reason they can't live in
GNOME:Apps?