[opensuse-gnome] Request for information
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 20:37:18 +0000
People,

I'm finishing the builds of the indicators from Canonical's Ayatana
Project. So far all the dependencies and packages are not polished
packaging wise and some of them I won't even make them available as
they might mess up too much or are just futile (ex: indicator-network
is no match for nm-applet).

Since there's only 2 indicators left... I'm wondering if there is the
possibility of having a sub-repository inside of GNOME (ex:
GNOME:Ubuntified) or something like that to fit all this packages,
including some of the packages I'm going to build from Ubuntu sources
to support this functionality (ex: gwibber, empathy, metacity, etc).

Or on the other hand... would be better to ask on opensuse-project for
a root project ?! Any feedback is welcome. Though it's not the time
yet, if anyone wants to tag along for co-maintaining this packages
would be awesome, and I would love to have someone more expert than me
keeping an eye on developments.

... Stage 2 starts tomorrow: polish packaging...

Nelson