[opensuse-gnome] oS11.2 NetworkManager update
  • From: Allen Benter <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:00:54 +1100
Hi List mates,

my laptop is currently running oS 11.2, and connects quite happily to my
home WPA-PSK network, but when I am at uni using WPA-EAP, it is giving
me all kinds of grief (the applet doesn't appear, although it is
running, so I can't see or edit the networks available). I can get it
to (sort-of, only http) connect using the traditional control in YaST,
but prefer the simplicity of NetworkManager.

I have compiled and installed NetworkManager-0.8.2 , but under oS there
are 10 packages installed for version 0.7, yet there are only 2 packages
in the original source (NetworkManager and NetworkManager-applet).

Searching through software.opensuse.org/search there are packages listed
in GNOME:/Factory/openSUSE_11.2/i586 but when I visit this repository,
it is empty.

Does anybody know of a repository for NetworkManager-0.8.x for 11.2?

Thanks,

Allen