Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evaluating GNOME related features
  • From: "Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 00:52:45 -0700
On 12/7/2010 at 01:06 PM, in message <4CFDE3F8.7030103@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Basil
Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/12/2010 18:10, Sankar P wrote:
I am an Ubuntu user and have been for some 8 months (after I switched
form openSUSE with KDE after many years [because of KDE if you are
interested]).

Welcome. Hope you have fun here in openSUSE :)

Firstly, please adjust your mailer so that you don't send - to me at
least - two copies of your posts: one as a private message and one to
the list. I can read the one posted to the list quite well. (Unless, of
course, you want to actually respond in private to some post from me.)

Sorry. Different mail clients with different keyboard shortcuts.

[pruned]

It is the traditional GNOME main menu which can still be added via "Add to
panel ". However,

You seem to be missing the point entirely, but this is of no consequence
to me.

In Ubuntu you do not need to "add to panel".

Do you grasp the difference?

Yes. But what I am saying is, "the traditional main menu" was the default in
openSUSE earlier editions and was removed and we added the new "Computer" menu.
So, what you find in Ubuntu by default is something we felt not good enough/
can be improved.

Sankar