Re: [opensuse-gnome] Re: Windows stealing focus
  • From: jc <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 07:04:04 -0800
On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 23:09:27 -0700, "Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 12/5/2010 at 06:46 AM, in message
<ddbdd170c1682cb49f66a9847cbf4f8a@xxxxxxxxx>, jc <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 11:18:14 -0800, jc <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
New windows aren't always getting the focus in my Gnome 2.30 desktop,
openSUSE 11.3. They open in front of the other windows, but on a click
another window moves to the front and is the active window. It's
mainly Firefox stealing the focus, but it happens from time to time
with other apps as well. I was having problems switching between gedit
and the gconf editor this morning. Has anyone heard of this happening?
Suggestions would be appreciated.

You have enabled "Always on Top" for Firefox ? (press alt+space and
you can find the menu)

You have compiz (Desktop effects) enabled ? If so, disable it and see
if the problem is still reproducible. There could be some buggy
plugin.

In gnome-window-properties, you have enabled the option to "Raise a
selected window after n seconds and select window on mouse over " ?

I have none of these enabled. I tried to enable de at one point, but my
GEForce 8400 GPU was not supported for some reason.

Is this list alive? I got a spam reply from some

If spammers are listening probably it is a symptom of an active list
;-) Yes, the list is very much alive

I wondered when that was the only activity I saw after several hours.
Good to see it's very active indeed.

Jon