Re: [opensuse-gnome] Altering date format
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 20:47:00 +1100
On 12/06/2010 08:41 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 12/06/2010 08:22 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:

[pruned]

GNOME itself doesn't provide a way to set LC_TIME, but since it's just
an environment variable, it should be ok to set it in ~/.profile or in
~/.bashrc.

Ok, but in other distros it is simply a matter of ensuring that the
locale is set correctly - as "Australia" in my case which automatically
altered the date display in Thunderbird.

I'll try your suggestion, thanks.

As a follow-up:

neither of these directories (.profile nor .bashrc) exist in my home
directory.

BC

--
Attorney: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
Witness: Are you qualified to ask that question?