Re: [opensuse-gnome] Altering date format
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:22:13 +0100
Hi,

Le lundi 06 décembre 2010, à 20:08 +1100, Basil Chupin a écrit :
I have just installed oS 11.3, with the Gnome desktop, from the DVD.

While I know how to change the time/date format for the
clock/date/weather settings in the (bottom) panel to my preferred format
of *d*/m/y, the date format shown in Thunderbird is still showing as
*m*/d/y.

How did you do it for the clock applet?

This setting is usually set by using a setting associated with "locale"
in other distros. However I cannot find where this date format can be
changed in 11.3 (from the default m/d/y to d/m/y).

Could some please suggest where this setting can be changed (to d/m/y)?

GNOME itself doesn't provide a way to set LC_TIME, but since it's just
an environment variable, it should be ok to set it in ~/.profile or in
~/.bashrc.