[opensuse-gnome] Re: Windows stealing focus
  • From: "Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 23:09:27 -0700
On 12/5/2010 at 06:46 AM, in message
<ddbdd170c1682cb49f66a9847cbf4f8a@xxxxxxxxx>, jc <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 11:18:14 -0800, jc <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
New windows aren't always getting the focus in my Gnome 2.30 desktop,
openSUSE 11.3. They open in front of the other windows, but on a click
another window moves to the front and is the active window. It's
mainly Firefox stealing the focus, but it happens from time to time
with other apps as well. I was having problems switching between gedit
and the gconf editor this morning. Has anyone heard of this happening?
Suggestions would be appreciated.

You have enabled "Always on Top" for Firefox ? (press alt+space and you can
find the menu)

You have compiz (Desktop effects) enabled ? If so, disable it and see if the
problem is still reproducible. There could be some buggy plugin.

In gnome-window-properties, you have enabled the option to "Raise a selected
window after n seconds and select window on mouse over " ?

Is this list alive? I got a spam reply from some
robert.ljunggren87@xxxxxxxxxx

If spammers are listening probably it is a symptom of an active list ;-) Yes,
the list is very much alive

Sankar